The Society for Vascular Surgery® (SVS) offers a Medical Student Section as a platform for medical students to gain access to valuable vascular surgery career resources and promote a network of similarly interested students from around the world. SVS Medical Student Section members pay a US$25 one-time fee for the duration of their medical school career. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Access more information or apply.
The section’s activities are overseen by a ten-member Governing Council elected by the section’s members. The Governing Council is responsible for carrying out policies and action items adopted by the Section as well as directing its agenda and strategies. The Governing Council Section is presided over by a chair.
2011-2012 SVS Medical Student Section Governing Council
- Laura Drudi, McGill University, MS4, Chair
- Ryan Abdul-Haqq, Eastern Virginia Medical School, MS3
Eddie Blay, Jr, Duke University School of Medicine, MS2
- Natalie Domenick, University of Pittsburgh, MS4
- Alison Kinning, American University of the Caribbean, MS3
- Sara McKeever, Midwestern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, MS3
- Trisha Roy, University of Toronto, MS4
- Lindsay Rubenstein, University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry, MS3
Leila Mureebe,MD, Duke University Medical Center, SVS Active Member Liaison
- Heather Hall, MD, The University of Chicago, SVS Candidate Member Liaison
Updated August 2011