The Society for Vascular Surgery® (SVS) Medical Student Candidate Membership provides a platform for medical students to gain access to valuable vascular surgery career resources and promote a network of similarly interested students.
As a SVS Medical Student Candidate Member, you will be able to continue cultivating your interest in vascular surgery, gain valuable contacts in the specialty, and engage in several leadership opportunities. The full spectrum of benefits includes:
- Access to an online community of similarly interested students
- Opportunity to network with vascular health leaders via events and mentorship/shadowing opportunities
- Gain leadership opportunities and make a difference as a member of a SVS Committee
- Opportunity to participate in a dedicated task force as part of the SVS Resident and Student Outreach Committee, which provides for several students to be directly involved in current and future educational programming and activities (i.e., Vascular Annual Meeting programming for students, online resources, etc.).
- Promote engagement in the Society via increased level of participation in SVS activities
Learn more about the specialty through dedicated online resources
- Receive various SVS e-communications, the SVS Pulse, the Student and Resident e-newsletter: On the Cutting Edge, VAMail, and access to the online edition of Vascular Specialist.
- Receive discounts on books, products, and courses (i.e., VESAP2) sold on VascularWeb
SVS Medical Student Candidate Members shall include students from medical schools worldwide.
SVS Medical Student Candidate Members pay a one-time US$25 fee for the duration of their medical school career.
The term of Medical Student Candidate Members shall be limited to the duration of their respective training, i.e., until graduation from medical school, after which they may be eligible to continue as a Candidate Member if they are accepted to or enrolled in an accredited vascular surgery training program in the United States or Canada.
Check back March 1 for a new application process.
For more information, telephone 800-258-7188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated February 2015