The Society for Vascular Surgery® (SVS) General Surgery Resident Candidate Membership provides a platform for general surgery residents to gain access to valuable vascular surgery career resources and promote a network of similarly interested residents. As a SVS General Surgery Resident Candidate Member, you will be able to continue cultivating your interest in vascular surgery, gain valuable contacts in the specialty, and engage in several leadership opportunities. The full spectrum of benefits includes:
- Access to an online community of similarly interested residents
- Opportunity to network with vascular health leaders via events and mentorship/shadowing opportunities
- Gain leadership opportunities and make a difference as a member of a SVS Committee
- Opportunity to participate in a dedicated task force as part of the SVS Resident and Student Outreach Committee, which provides for several residents to be directly involved in current and future educational programming and activities (i.e., Vascular Annual Meeting programming for residents, online resources, etc.).
- Promote engagement in the Society via increased level of participation in SVS activities
- Learn more about the specialty through dedicated online resources
- Receive various SVS e-communications, the SVS Pulse, the Student and Resident e-newsletter: On the Cutting Edge, VAMail, and access to the online editions of Vascular Specialist.
- Receive discounts on books, products, and courses (i.e. VESAP2) sold on VascularWeb
A graduate of a medical school in the United States, Canada, or internationally with a current status as a resident enrolled in a training program focused on general surgery.
SVS General Surgery Resident Candidate Members pay a one-time US$25 fee for the duration of their general surgery residency.
The term of General Surgery Resident Candidate Members shall be limited to the duration of their respective training, i.e., completion of a surgical residency program, after which they may be eligible to continue as a Candidate Member if they are accepted to or enrolled in an accredited vascular surgery training program in the United States or Canada.
Accepted on a rolling basis. Download the application and email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org (for credit card orders only) or mail to (all checks must be mailed):
Society for Vascular Surgery
38678 Eagle Way
Chicago, IL 60678-1386
The application is a fill-in form. Click 'Submit' on the form to submit electronically to email@example.com.
For more information, telephone 800-258-7188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.